PEI Lung Association (PEILA) - Call for Board of Director nominations
Are you interested in being part of a Board that has a goal to make PEI a healthier place to live and breathe. PEILA is looking for an individual who is committed to the promotion of lung health in Prince Edward Island as a serving Board member.
The PEI Lung Association is a community-based, charitable organization operating within a larger Vision with a specific Mission to focus our work.
Mission statement: The Lung Association assists Islanders to promote and improve lung health
The Vision: Optimal lung health for all Islanders
The Board of Directors is comprised of seven members and is a governance/policy board. The Board is responsible for governing the organization that includes strategic planning, policy, financial oversight, and board self-management.
What you’ll get out of this experience:
- Opportunity to impact the lung health of Islanders
- Board experience and a chance to network with great people
- Opportunity to participate in matters of finance, governance, fund development, and strategic planning
- Satisfaction that comes from making a difference in people’s lives
- A chance to give back to your community
- Three-year term that may be renewed for a further three years, pending approval by the board
- The Board of Directors meets September through June on the third Tuesday bimonthly, from 5:30pm – 7:30 pm in Charlottetown
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in all matters of the board relating to good governance including strategic planning, financial oversight, policy setting, self-governance and oversight
- Attend all board meetings and AGM
- Be accessible for contact related to PEI Lung governance between board meetings via email correspondence and phone calls
- Be committed to the values of PEILA and become knowledgeable about our services
- Be an advocate for lung health in PEI
- Assist in promoting PEILA awareness
- Volunteer as a team member in supporting the Board and the CEO
How to apply:
If you are interested, please complete the application form below and submit it via email to the Board President, Wendy MacIntyre, at wendy@resolveHR.ca.
Lung Associations of PEI & Nova Scotia form partnership
November 27, 2018
The PEI Lung Association is excited to announce an agreement with the Lung Association of Nova Scotia to specifically focus on streamlining operations with a shared services approach. All donations to the PEI Lung Association will continue to go towards the mission in PEI and all governance will remain with the PEI Lung Association Board. With the help of experienced staff in Nova Scotia, and a new full-time coordinator in PEI, programming on the Island will become more robust, allowing for increased capacity to deliver lung health services to all Islanders living with lung disease.
Annual General Meeting 2018
The Board of the PEI Lung Association invites all Members to attend the 75th Annual General Meeting.
- Time: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Voluntary Resource Centre Boardroom, 81 Prince St, Charlottetown
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register