Are you interested in being part of a Board that has a goal to make PEI a healthier place to live and breathe?
PEILA is looking for an individual who is committed to the promotion of lung health in Prince Edward Island as a serving Board member.
The PEI Lung Association is a community-based, charitable organization operating within a larger Vision with a specific Mission to focus our work.
Mission statement: The Lung Association assists Islanders to promote and improve lung health
The Vision: Optimal lung health for all Islanders
The Board of Directors is comprised of seven members and is a governance/policy board. The Board is responsible for governing the organization that includes strategic planning, policy, financial oversight, and board self-management.
What you’ll get out of this experience:
- Opportunity to impact the lung health of Islanders
- Board experience and a chance to network with great people
- Opportunity to participate in matters of finance, governance, fund development, and strategic planning
- Satisfaction that comes from making a difference in people’s lives
- A chance to give back to your community
- Three-year term that may be renewed for a further three years, pending approval by the board
- The Board of Directors meets September through June on the third Tuesday bimonthly, from 5:30pm – 7:30 pm in Charlottetown
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in all matters of the board relating to good governance including strategic planning, financial oversight, policy setting, self-governance and oversight
- Attend all board meetings and AGM
- Be accessible for contact related to PEI Lung governance between board meetings via email correspondence and phone calls
- Be committed to the values of PEILA and become knowledgeable about our services
- Be an advocate for lung health in PEI
- Assist in promoting PEILA awareness
- Volunteer as a team member in supporting the Board and the CEO
How to apply:
If you are interested, please complete the application form below and submit it via email to the Board President, Wendy MacIntyre, at wendy@resolveHR.ca.