SMOKE-FREE NOW CHALLENGE (THE “CHALLENGE”) RULES
How to enter
The Challenge, presented by The PEI Lung Association, begins at noon (12 p.m. AST) on Friday, May 8th, 2020 and ends at noon on Friday, June 5th, 2020.
To enter, participants must register on the registration page and provide the indicated information, acknowledging that they have read, understood, and agree to the Challenge Rules.
Once registered, participants will agree to quit smoking for the duration of the Challenge (4 weeks)—this means not having a single puff!
The Challenge is open to residents of PEI who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are current smokers.
We will accept 50 registrations and provide lobsters/gift cards ($30 value) to participants who succeed in remaining smoke-free for 4 weeks.
- Participants must provide a PEI address as proof of residency during registration.
- To be eligible to win a prize in the Challenge, the participant must be 19 years of age or older by May 8th, 2020.
- Limit one entry per person/e-mail address.
- Entries will be rejected if the registration form is not fully completed and submitted by the dates and times listed above.
- Incomplete entries will be void
- Challenge is void outside of PEI.
- Employees & Board Members of the PEI Lung Association are not permitted to join the Challenge.
- It’s the participants responsibility to complete the exit challenge survey to let us know they remained quit. This survey will be listed on our website under the Smoke-Free Now challenge page at noon on June 5th 2020 and remain available for completion until June 9th 2020 (4pm AST).
- You are allowed to use pharmaceutical grade nicotine replacement products (gum, lozenges, patches, etc.) throughout the Smoke-Free Now Challenge to aid you in quitting smoking
- You will be disqualified if you use vaping products to aid you in quitting smoking during this challenge.
Participants must remain smoke-free throughout the entire duration of the Challenge (May 8th, 2020 through June 5th, 2020) to be eligible for prizing.
The exit challenge survey will be listed on our website under the Smoke-Free Now challenge page at noon on June 5th 2020 and remain available for completion until June 9th 2020 (4pm AST).
All intellectual property associated with PEILA and/or the Challenge, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations, are owned by PEILA and/or its affiliates, as the case may be. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
By entering the Challenge, each selected participant agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Challenge and/or photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by PEILA in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, via print, broadcast and/or the Internet. All entries become the property of PEILA, which assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or misdirected entries. The Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Challenge judges with respect to all aspects of the Challenge are final and binding on all entrants, without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries. Upon claiming to be a selected participant, a Prize claimant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the person associated with the selected entry, the nature of such proof to be determined solely in the discretion of PEILA.
Collection and use of personal information
By entering the Challenge, each participant expressly consents to PEILA, its agents and/or its representatives, storing, sharing and using personally identifiable information submitted with his/her entry only for the purpose of administering and/or promoting the Challenge.